Zamfara Abduction: Prospective Corps Member, Driver Regain Freedom – NYSC

A prospective member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) and a bus driver, who were kidnapped in Zamfara State on August 17, 2023 have regained their freedom.

The victims were among the eight fresh Akwa Ibom State graduates that were abducted on their way to the NYSC orientation camp in Sokoto State. They were travelling in an AKTC bus to Sokoto State for the mandatory national youth service programme for Nigerian graduates.

Announcing the release in a statement on Monday, the NYSC spokesman, Eddy Megwa, said their rescue followed joint efforts with the military.

“The combined efforts of National Youth Service Corps and the military have witnessed further release of another female Prospective Corps Member, including the driver of the bus kidnapped in Zamfara State on their way to NYSC Orientation Camp in Sokoto State last year,” the statement read.

 

This brings the total number of Prospective Corps Members (PCMs) already released to five, the NYSC spokesman said.

He said efforts were ongoing to ensure that the three captives (one female and two males) regain their freedom as soon as possible.

Reacting to their release, the NSYC Director-General, Brigadier General Yushau Ahmed, commended the security agencies for their untiring efforts that resulted in the release of the victims.

See also  Tinubu Extends Immigration Boss’ Tenure Until 2026

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Ijoba Lande Accuses Funke Akindele of Underpayment After Month-Long Job

18-year-old girl sentenced to six months in prison for stealing N800,000

Court restrains Natasha, Akpabio from media comments on ongoing suit

Akpabio Denies Assassination Allegation, Plans Legal Action Against Natasha

De Bruyne Confirms Manchester City Exit After Ten Glorious Years

JUST IN: Supreme Court Sacks Abure as National Chairman of Labour Party

Ijoba Lande Accuses Funke Akindele of Underpayment After Month-Long Job

18-year-old girl sentenced to six months in prison for stealing N800,000

Court restrains Natasha, Akpabio from media comments on ongoing suit

Akpabio Denies Assassination Allegation, Plans Legal Action Against Natasha