We didn’t invade CBN — DSS

 

The Department of State Services denied invading the premises of the Central Bank of Nigeria on Monday.

The DSS described reports making the rounds that its operatives went into the apex bank to arrest the CBN Governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele, who returned to the country earlier in the day, as false and unverified by some media outlets.

However, a statement sent to Vanguard by DSS Spokesman, Dr Peter Afunanya, described the reported invasion of the CBN by DSS operatives with a view to arresting Emefiele, as fake news.

Afunanya said, “The attention of the Department of State Services (DSS) has been drawn to the false news making the round that its operatives invaded the Central Bank of Nigeria and arrested its Governor, today 16/1/23.

“This is fake news and quite misleading,” the statement said.

See also  Court orders Anyanwu to present supreme court Judgment in PDP dispute

South African Court Acquits Nigerian Pastor Tim Omotoso of Rape Charges

Pregnant woman dies after hospital refuses treatment over ₦500,000 deposit

Ighodalo Reveals Next Line Of Action As Appeal Court Upholds Okpebholo’s Victory

Tribunal Dismisses PDP’s Petition Against Okpebholo’s Victory in Edo

IGP Launches Nationwide Medical Outreaches, Palliatives for National Police Day

Gunmen Kill Three in Badagry Over Alleged Land Dispute

South African Court Acquits Nigerian Pastor Tim Omotoso of Rape Charges

Pregnant woman dies after hospital refuses treatment over ₦500,000 deposit

Ighodalo Reveals Next Line Of Action As Appeal Court Upholds Okpebholo’s Victory

Tribunal Dismisses PDP’s Petition Against Okpebholo’s Victory in Edo