Nine die in Lagos-Abeokuta expressway crash

About nine persons were confirmed dead while eight others sustained injuries in an accident involving a truck and a Mazda bus at Kere Bridge on Lagos-Abeokuta expressway.

Spokesperson for the Federal Road Safety Corps in Ogun State, Florence Okpe, confirmed the incident to journalists in Abeokuta on Tuesday.

Mrs Okpe said that the incident, which occurred at 8:00 a.m., was caused by speeding and route violation which led to head-on collision between the truck, without registration number and a bus, marked SMK 808 YD.

She stated that a total of 17 persons were involved, comprising seven men, nine women and one female child.

“Unfortunately, nine persons were recorded dead from the crash, comprising five men and four women,” she said.

The FRSC spokesperson said that the injured victims had been taken to the General Hospital, Ijaye, Abeokuta while the deceased were deposited at the same hospital.

She further stated that the Sector Commander, Anthony Uga, cautioned motorists against route violation and speeding, noting the enormous dangers associated with the two offences.He advised motorists to always adhere to traffic rules and regulations.

See also  Nine killed, 11 injured in fatal road crash

South African Court Acquits Nigerian Pastor Tim Omotoso of Rape Charges

Pregnant woman dies after hospital refuses treatment over ₦500,000 deposit

Ighodalo Reveals Next Line Of Action As Appeal Court Upholds Okpebholo’s Victory

Tribunal Dismisses PDP’s Petition Against Okpebholo’s Victory in Edo

IGP Launches Nationwide Medical Outreaches, Palliatives for National Police Day

Gunmen Kill Three in Badagry Over Alleged Land Dispute

South African Court Acquits Nigerian Pastor Tim Omotoso of Rape Charges

Pregnant woman dies after hospital refuses treatment over ₦500,000 deposit

Ighodalo Reveals Next Line Of Action As Appeal Court Upholds Okpebholo’s Victory

Tribunal Dismisses PDP’s Petition Against Okpebholo’s Victory in Edo