I Was Approached To Join In Destroying Tinubu — El-Rufai

Kaduna State governor, Nasir el-Rufai, on Friday, claimed that some unnamed people asked him to join in a plot to destroy All Progressives Congress (APC) leader, Senator Bola Tinubu.

Governor el-Rufai stated this while he was playing host to 121 members-elect of the House of Representatives who were on a consultation tour of the North West on Friday at the Government House in Kaduna.

The governor was invited to deliver a lecture in Lagos last month on godfatherism, where he said that he had an answer to godfatherism as he had retired four godfathers in Kaduna.

According to him, during the last election only 1 million registered voters came out to vote in Lagos out of the 5 million voters, so he asked why did the remaining voters refused to come out, pointing out, if he is the governor of Lagos he will out on those who did not come out to vote to defeat the godfathers in Lagos apparently referring to Tinubu.

However, el-Rufai said it was “a generic statement”, adding that he had a template that was used to retire some godfathers in Kaduna State.

He said: “That was not an attack on Asiwaju, it was a generic statement, but the whole thing took a media frenzy because to some people, Asiwaju is a meal ticket.

“Let me tell you, because of that, some people started confessing to me that Asiwaju should be dealt with.

“They said Asiwaju wants to finish you, he has been abusing you, we should finish him by finishing his man, Femi Gbajabiamila.”

See also  Shehu Sani Declares Bid for Kaduna Central Senate in 2027

However, contrary to insinuations in some quarters, el-Rufai had disclosed that Femi Gbajabiamila was President Muhammadu Buhari’s choice for the Speakership position of the 9th House of Representatives.

“I told them that this is not about Asiwaju but President Buhari and I will fight it with the last drop my blood. I told them to change their mind.

“I went to Asiwaju and told him that we will do what we can to make this project a success.”

Source: Tribune.


Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Ijoba Lande Accuses Funke Akindele of Underpayment After Month-Long Job

18-year-old girl sentenced to six months in prison for stealing N800,000

Court restrains Natasha, Akpabio from media comments on ongoing suit

Akpabio Denies Assassination Allegation, Plans Legal Action Against Natasha

De Bruyne Confirms Manchester City Exit After Ten Glorious Years

JUST IN: Supreme Court Sacks Abure as National Chairman of Labour Party

Ijoba Lande Accuses Funke Akindele of Underpayment After Month-Long Job

18-year-old girl sentenced to six months in prison for stealing N800,000

Court restrains Natasha, Akpabio from media comments on ongoing suit

Akpabio Denies Assassination Allegation, Plans Legal Action Against Natasha