Father beats son to stupor for eating in neighbour’s house

A 43-year-old man, Silas Ossai, is currently evading capture after allegedly beating his son severely for eating a meal at a neighbour’s house.

The incident occurred last Wednesday when Ossai discovered his son had eaten at a neighbor’s home.

Enraged, Ossai locked his son inside and brutally flogged him, instructing him to remain silent.

An anonymous eyewitness reported, “After inflicting numerous injuries on the boy and beating him into a stupor, Ossai locked him inside for three days, preventing him from attending school.

“On the third day, another neighbour discovered the boy’s condition and alerted one of Mr. Ossai’s friends, who then took the child to a local chemist for treatment.”

Mr. Ossai has been separated from the boy’s mother for several years, and the boy had been in the care of his grandparents until two years ago when he was sent to live with Ossai.

“The mother, upon hearing of the incident, rushed to find her son. However, Ossai, in a fit of rage, threatened to harm her if she approached the child, prompting her to seek help from the police,” a neighbour explained.

While the police have yet to officially confirm the report, a security source revealed that the boy has been taken to Central Hospital for treatment.

“The injuries, especially those on his back and buttocks, were severe. He is currently receiving medical attention, but we have been unsuccessful in apprehending the father. We have made three attempts to locate him,” said the source, who requested anonymity.

See also  Edo governor pledges compensation for families of 16 slain hunters

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Independence Bridge Reopened After Traffic Chaos in Lagos

Ghana to Investigate Nigerian Boxer’s Death

World Bank Grants Nigeria $1.13bn Loan for Key Projects

NNPC Raises Petrol Price in Abuja and Lagos

CBN Says No Plan for N5,000, N10,000 Notes

APC Defends Tinubu’s Economic Reforms, Slams Obi Over Criticism

Independence Bridge Reopened After Traffic Chaos in Lagos

Ghana to Investigate Nigerian Boxer’s Death

World Bank Grants Nigeria $1.13bn Loan for Key Projects

NNPC Raises Petrol Price in Abuja and Lagos