Boko Haram bombs Borno mosque

Twin suicide bombers linked to the Boko Haram sect attacked a mosque in Gwoza, Borno state, on Sunday, killing a 12-year-old child and leaving many people injured.

A security source, who disclosed this to TheCable, said the suicide bombers forced their way into the mosque while prayer was ongoing.

Get the latest news at your fingertips by Downloading our news App via Google Play Store

The source said before some persons in the neighbourhood raised the alarm, the attackers had already gained entry into the mosque.

The incident happened around Guduf Nagadiyo at Bulabaulin in Gwoza.

Soldiers from 192 battalion of the Nigerian Army later cordoned off the mosque.

A resident said the suicide bombers might have infiltrated the town during a wedding which held at the palace of the emir of Gwoza on Saturday.

More to follow…

See also  Kannywood Loses Veteran Actor Abdullahi Shuaibu ‘Karkuzu’ at 94

Comments

One response to “Boko Haram bombs Borno mosque”

  1. Abiodun oba Avatar
    Abiodun oba

    May be there are Christians in that mosques because I still do not understand why book harram that’s fighting for Islamic state will be killing Muslim

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Ijoba Lande Accuses Funke Akindele of Underpayment After Month-Long Job

18-year-old girl sentenced to six months in prison for stealing N800,000

Court restrains Natasha, Akpabio from media comments on ongoing suit

Akpabio Denies Assassination Allegation, Plans Legal Action Against Natasha

De Bruyne Confirms Manchester City Exit After Ten Glorious Years

JUST IN: Supreme Court Sacks Abure as National Chairman of Labour Party

Ijoba Lande Accuses Funke Akindele of Underpayment After Month-Long Job

18-year-old girl sentenced to six months in prison for stealing N800,000

Court restrains Natasha, Akpabio from media comments on ongoing suit

Akpabio Denies Assassination Allegation, Plans Legal Action Against Natasha