5-year-old chained, starved for three days by father, rescued by Police

Operatives of the Bauchi Police Command have rescued a 5-year-old boy who was found chained by his father and starved for three days.

The rescue came after a tip-off from concerned neighbours in the Gwallagan Mayaka area in the Bauchi metropolis.

The police got wind of the child abuse on July 3, 2024, when the ward head of Gwallagan Mayaka area of Bauchi reported that he received information from a good Samaritan, a resident, who revealed that his wife Amina (not real name) had informed him that she saw a 5-year-old boy of their neighbour tied with a chain inside a room situated at the same address.

Amina promptly checked on the boy to confirm his condition and found him lying unconscious, tied with a chain.

Spokesman of the Command, led by CSP Mubarak S. Baba, DPO D’ Division, Dutsen Tanshi moved to the scene and rescued the boy.

The statement revealed that during an interview, the victim who identified himself as Hussaini Abubakar, disclosed that he was maltreated by his biological father, Abubakar Nuhu, ‘m’, 50yrs, AKA Wanzam of Gwallagan Mayaka.

The minor also revealed that he had been confined by his father, during which he went without food for three days.

According to the statement, the State Commissioner of Police, CP Auwal Musa Muhammad immediately directed the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, to apprehend the offender for investigation and prosecution for the established offence.

Wakil said during interrogation, the suspect, Abubakar Nuhu popularly known as Wanzam was arrested for the offence of child abuse.

The defendant had claimed to have confined the minor “in order to restrict him from stealing their neighbour’s valuables” and he was advised to do so by a friend.

See also  JUST IN: Customs Implements Two-Year Zero Tax on Imported Pharmaceutical Inputs

The PPRO said the CP had directed the DPO to transfer the case to the State Criminal Investigation Department, State CID, and directed the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of the Department to discreetly investigate the matter and other motives surrounding the dastardly act.

Dailypost


Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

South African Court Acquits Nigerian Pastor Tim Omotoso of Rape Charges

Pregnant woman dies after hospital refuses treatment over ₦500,000 deposit

Ighodalo Reveals Next Line Of Action As Appeal Court Upholds Okpebholo’s Victory

Tribunal Dismisses PDP’s Petition Against Okpebholo’s Victory in Edo

IGP Launches Nationwide Medical Outreaches, Palliatives for National Police Day

Gunmen Kill Three in Badagry Over Alleged Land Dispute

South African Court Acquits Nigerian Pastor Tim Omotoso of Rape Charges

Pregnant woman dies after hospital refuses treatment over ₦500,000 deposit

Ighodalo Reveals Next Line Of Action As Appeal Court Upholds Okpebholo’s Victory

Tribunal Dismisses PDP’s Petition Against Okpebholo’s Victory in Edo